Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lemon Curry Chicken with Cauliflower Rice

A few weeks ago I was prepping myself to do a 21 day juice cleanse. I ended up getting a cold, and when I'm sick, my body needs some protein. I think that was totally my body saying "cleansing is springtime cleaning Moe, not in January!" I'm cool with that, and as it gets closer I will totally post some info on why cleansing for the beginner is a springtime affair. So, now the kitchen is overflowing with gorgeous fruits and veggies. This is rad, i'm in... except the number of fruits and veggies you need when eating versus juicing or making smoothies is very different. I had lemons, and parsley like whoa, and I don't eat them often. Needed a recipe ASAP so they didn't go to waste. Additionally, I had this whole container of coconut milk to use before it went bad too (from the pancake recipe). What is a girl to do with lemons, parsley, and coconut milk? Put all those words in a google search and hope it doesn't suck! After sifting through a whole bunch of recipes with 55 ingredients... I felt confident enough to try my hand at my own original version of some curry type concoction. It came out amazing yummy! My next thought though, was what to have it with! Rice, being a grain, is off limits. The stuff isn't that great for your body (yes, even brown rice... but that is also another blog post) so I tried making cauliflower rice. Cauliflower tastes great cooked or raw and has a whole bunch of  perks, like being anti-inflamatory and full of antioxidants.  So, super easy, super scrumptious meal, and  super stoked to share this recipe! Main meal stuff isn't usually where I get creative but this just proves how awesome energy makes everything rock!
*Love Marissa*

 Lemon Curry Chicken (Makes 4 servings)

1 package Chicken Breast
1/2 head large Cauliflower
1 Can  Coconut Milk (minus 1/4 cup)
1 cup parsley
2 whole medium lemons
1 tbsp  Vindaloo Curry Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
3/4 large onion

Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix well
Put half of sauce in a jar and store in refrigerator.
Clean and trim chicken. Cut into chunks. Place in baking dish
Cut onion into large chunks, add to baking dish with chicken
Take second half of sauce and put into baking dish. Mix well and refrigerate at least 8 hours, or over night.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake chicken, onion, and sauce for about 25-30 minutes.

While that is baking rinse head of cauliflower
Using a food processor, with the grating blade, grate cauliflower.

When lemon curry chicken is done, serve over cauliflower “rice”, and top with some extra sauce!



No comments:

Post a Comment