Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Paleo Pancakes

I'm not a fan of following recipes. If I have something in mind I'll look it up at a few sites and see what the overall gist is, but I rarely follow one. I dig the satisfaction of creating my own thing... but then I get all excited and don't write it down and cannot reproduce it. #Moefriendlyproblems! I decided to start out 2013 decadent style cause that's what i'm working towards. Working with what I got, always through positive eyes, and living it up decadently! Enter Paleo Pancakes. This recipe is more nutty then sweet because I topped it with coconut nectar and berries. There is only so much sweet anyone can take! They would be awesome with a little vanilla and cinnamon, or even with cacao. Feel free to use it as a base and add whatever sweeteners and flavors you like. I will totally be playing with it! This recipe makes about 8 pancakes, about 2 spoonfuls per pancake, for 2 servings.
 *Love Moe*

 Paleo Pancakes
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup crunchy almond butter
1 large egg
 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coconut oil

 Mix all ingredients well until you get a batter like consistency.
 Grease pan, and drop 2 spoonfuls of batter per pancake into pan
When sides begin to bubble, flip
 Top with whatever edible goodness you can think of, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment