Saturday, May 14, 2011

C is for cookie, and cookie is for Moe!

It's really not as tough as people think to have a healthy meal without many of those high allergy, fake food ingredients. A salad with chicken, or a piece of steak with some veggies, no problem. The desserts... baked good... that craving for something sweet... that's where it starts to suck! So I spend a lot of time looking up new and fun recipes online, because I make so much food on my own. As I have said over and over, if it's gluten free, its got sugar. If it's sugar free, its got gluten. I tried looking up raw recipes, and those use a lot of dates, which is fruit. FML!!! After lots of tries, and much wasted food, I think I got it. Here are two cookie recipes I can get fat over. The Coconut Toffee Almond Cookies I can get my boyfriend to eat. That's stellar! Like, I mean I have arrived! They are melt in your mouth yummy. And The Raw Mint Love Cookies! Imagine if those timeless thin mint Girl Scout cookies and a Chewy Chips Ahoy macked it hardcore style and had double scrumptious baby cookies. I know, it makes you feel dirty, but in that good way!
Please enjoy, and let me know how it turns out for you!

Coconut Toffee Almond Cookies
1.5 c shredded fine coconut
1.5 c almond flour
1/3c + 2 tbsp coconut oil
12 drops Toffee Stevia
4 swirls Vegetable Glycerine
1 tbsp Cacao

Food Processor
Cookie Tray
Spoon

Mix all in food processor
Drop onto cookie sheet (no need to line or oil up)
Refrigerate at least 10 minutes

These cookies take at least ten minutes to set and that's it! The coconut oil hardens them up, so no baking required. Be careful in transport though. They will melt in heat.


Raw Mint Love Cookies
1 cup sunflower flour
1 cup flax meal
5 drops peppermint essential oil
1 packet stevia
2 tbsp cacao
2 tbsp vegetable glycerine
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 t vanilla
3 tbsp water

Food Processor
Lined Dehydrator Tray
Knife

Mix all except water in food processor. After all is mixed together nicely, add 3 tbsp water. It should start to make a cylinder shape in the processor. Let this go around for a few seconds. Take this cylinder, and like a package of store bought cookie dough, slice off rounds onto dehydrator.
Dehydrate at 115 overnight, or until desired chewyness is reached.

Good luck with that. I always eat the last cookie before it reaches the dehydrating tray, and i usually have eaten them all in less then 24 hours. I have the willpower of a champ, except for these cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment